Sunday, March 29, 2009

Track

Track is taking over my (Teisha) life! I had another meet yesterday and the day before and I am worn out! My main events are long and high jump but my coach decided to sign me up for the 4x4 relay and 300 hurtles! Bleh! I tried to explain to my coach that there was no possible way I was going to do 300 hurtles and the 4x4. My coach was in the Olympics and so of course she's going to say, "I believe in you Teisha and I know you're not a quitter, that's why I picked you." What am I supposed to say to that? Friday was long jump and 300 hurtles. I need to work on long jump but I am NEVER going to do 300 hurtles again! I was already dead after jumping the first hurtle! Ugh! Saturday I had high jump and the 4x4. The high jump was the first event and the 4x4 was the last so I had to stay all day in the blistering heat! I got sun-burned really bad on my face and arms. I'm hoping it'll turn into a tan! I am grateful for the slight tan I received on my legs though. Anyways, the 4x4 wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. My team took 2nd in our heat and none of us had done it before so we were proud! There's another meet on April 2nd but I don't have to go because I have a band trip to Salt Lake on the 1st and 2nd! I am so excited for that! Band is my favorite class. I've met some WEIRD people in band like this girl that yells when she talks (I've always wondered what it would sound like if she actually yelled...), a boy that tells everyone that I swore at him or gave him the birdie which we all know is far from being true, a boy that compares his french horn to my flute like it's a competition. Of course, his is better. And my band teacher has the biggest lips I have ever seen! Everyone makes fun of him. I feel bad for the guy and his wife! My weird list runs forever. I love band anyways though!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear you are doing so well in track...I've heard those 300 hurdles can be pretty rough. I enjoyed the 4x4 relay back in the day (well as much as one can enjoy running.)
    Good luck in the rest of the track season and in band! Oh and tell Tianna that the pillow case she made for Justin was very cute!!!

    ReplyDelete