Thursday, March 12, 2009

Stories

Crap! This is not good! We haven't blogged FOREVER! Sorry everyone! We've just been so busy lately! I (Teisha) started track two weeks ago and I've been practicing everyday. Plus I can't forget homework! Bleh! I have some awesome stories to tell though!

Music

Ok first of all, for those of you who don't know, I'm in band and I play the flute. There's this thing called SUPAF that is held every spring. It's for musicians to show their talent in front of judges and actually get judged! You can either do a solo or have a group of people. For band, it was required and my friend, Alex and I played a song together. Everyone thought that we weren't going to do very well because he plays the trumpet and it's extremely hard for a trumpet and flute to sound good together because they're totally different instruments. Alex and I received a 1- for our performance which is the equivalent to an A- so not too shabby. Our whole band class pretty much got 1-'s except for the people that picked incredibly easy songs. Ok so after SUPAF, there's region. Only 5 soloists or groups from a school can go to region. As my band teacher was announcing who was going to state, the last group he called out was Alex and I! We both yelled, "WHAT?!" We were very surprised! We practiced with our band teacher and yesterday was region. In my opinion, Alex and I did amazing! We were talking to the judges afterward and all they said was that our last note was sharp! We were so happy! Ok so after region, there's STATE!!!! We couldn't find out if we were going to state or not until this morning. Alex saw me this morning and yelled, "WE'RE GOING TO STATE TEISHA!!!!" I screamed and we were jumping up and down. (We got some pretty weird looks but we didn't care!) I'm so excited! I love bus trips and state is in Salt Lake! I'm pumped!!!

Run Forrest Run!


My parents are letting me do track and I love them for that! Track is so much fun! All of my friends are doing it and it's just going to be awesome! Tomorrow and Saturday is our first meet. I'm pretty much just doing track to get into shape and party with my friends! I can only do 4 events and they are 100 meter hurtles, 4 by 1 relay (I'm the anchor! For those of you who don't understand track, that's good!), high jump, and long jump. I'm the best at long jump and high jump. I'm really worried about hurtles though. I can just imagine myself tripping, falling flat on my face, and screeching across the track. Ugh! I keep telling myself that I can't think like that or else it will happen so wish me luck! The boys' uniforms are awesome! Even though they have to wear short shorts, it's ok. They get the black uniforms and the girls' have to wear these pee colored, see through pieces of crap! Bleh! On the bright side, I am becoming tanner!
The Best Movie Ever Made
Moulin Rouge is probably one of my all time favorite movies ever! It's not the most appropriate show but the story line and music is awesome! I decided to order it from amazon.com last Sunday and it FINALLY just came in on Monday. I'm so excited! I finally own Moulin Rouge! If any of you haven't see it, I highly recommend it!

Say Goodbye
My best friend, Ashlea and I have made a commitment to not eat sugar all through track! We've been doing this for almost three weeks. Track doesn't end until May 18 so that means no candy, cake (my favorite!), cookies, etc. We've been handling this amazingly well but what really bites is that my German teacher decided to have us sale REAL German chocolate!! If you haven't had any, you are deprived! It is the most AMAZING chocolate ever! He just had a whole bunch of it shipped in from Germany and we've been selling it. I've been so tempted so many times to just devour it! Wish me luck!

Wow that was long! Now you get to listen to Tianna's stories! Peace! I'm out!

Tianna doesn't have time to blog right now so she'll blog later.

5 comments:

  1. That is a lot of great news Teish!!! Good luck at state and in track and with your no sugar commitment (I couldn't do it.)
    You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Congratulations on getting to go to State! That will be so much fun! And I know you will do great in track! I am in awe that you have stayed away from sugar for that long!! Amazing! I am way to weak to even attempt that! :) You go girl!(I'm not sure if its still cool to say that) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!!
    You girls are so cute. Thanks for the comment on my blog.
    You both have grown up so fast, and are such beautiful girls. Just like your MAMA.
    I'm sure your mom has told you of the great friendship we have had. I tell Natalie all the time of my great friend Michelle and her family. It's like she knows all of you. Someday we will all have to get together. Please feel free to visit my blog any time, I will add you to my friends list;)
    Tell your mom HI!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie does have a blog, but it is private. Its very cute. Tell your mom to email me your email address, and we will invite you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You girls are too cute! Congrats Teish on going to State, that is awesome. I really admire you for being able to do no sugar for that long. I have tried doing it over and over but I just can't stick to it. I am addicted to candy. Ugh! You will be my inspiration for next time!

    ReplyDelete